Is calendar time necessary in the preschool classroom? Find out in today's episode!
Hello everyone, Vanessa here!
I'm suuuuper excited to have you over again for another fun episode of Elevating Early Childhood.
Today, I'll be discussing calendar time in preschool.
As you know, calendar time in the preschool classroom can be challenging (for quite a few reasons).
And the big question about it often is: To do calendar or not to do calendar?
And I am here to answer it for you!
Yes friends, today, we're tackling the big calendar time debate!
Let's dive in!
Calendar: To do or not to do? (00:00)
Ever heard of cognitive dissonance? (02:12)
Let's go back to 1992 (05:02)
The linear calendar (07:19)
What to do if you don't teach using calendar (14:03)
What if I have to do calendar because my director or principal says so? (17:24)
- Visit our website to find tons of pre-K teaching resources here.
- Get my book “Teach Smarter: Literacy Strategies for Early Childhood Teachers”.
- Learn more about my exclusive mentorship program, “Teaching Trailblazers”.
- More calendar time tips here.
- Get your linear calendar kit here.
- Get your editable picture schedule cards here.
- Get your at-home daily picture schedule here.
- Read Good Intentions Gone Awry here.
- Learn more about how to make calendar time meaningful here.
Elevating Early Childhood is an early education podcast dedicated to helping Pre-K, Preschool, and Kindergarten teachers teach better, save time, and live more.
If you enjoy the podcast, please follow, rate, and leave a review on your favorite podcast platform.
Onward & Upward!
Pre-K Pages is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. The word “affiliate” means that we may earn a small commission if/when you click on or make purchases via these links at no additional cost to you.
As a policy, the Company will only affiliate with products, services, consultants or experts that we believe will provide value to our customers and followers.
You recognize that it remains your personal responsibility to investigate whether any affiliate offers are right for you and will benefit you. You will not rely on any recommendation, reference, or information provided by the Company but will instead conduct your own investigation and will rely upon your investigation to decide whether to purchase the affiliate product or service.